Sunday, April 27, 2008

What have we been up to?

I'm still trying to figure that out. I looked at my last post and realized it was 2 weeks ago. Where have I been? Well, the weather FINALLY turned and it has been nice. It's been in the high 60's and low 70's. The boys and I have been out for walks every night, cleaning up the yard, all those spring requirements.

Charlie and Cleo have been shedding up a storm, so I've been trying to keep up with them as well. Not that Cleo will let me comb her willingly. Cleo (Poops for short) is Charlie's cat. In a previous life Charlie and I would travel the country together in a pickup truck and trailer, working the motorcycle shows. When I decided to stay home and get a real job, Charlie would get lonely when I went to work. He would just HOWL when I left every day. So, remembering that dogs are pack animals, we got him his very own cat. No more howling, just like that. Amazing. Now, Poops was a friendly cat, once upon a time. She was little then. We got her from the pound and at about 10 weeks old. She is very playful, but doesn't like to be held (or combed). She will let me pick her up for about 2 seconds, mostly until she realizes what I am up to. She'll let me pet her when she is waiting for a meal. She will play with me, for as long as I want to play and she will sleep with me and the little boys every night. She adores Charlie though. She will rub up against him, lay down between his front paws, purr for him. She greets him at the back door when he comes in. Cleo is just Charlie's cat and that's all there is to it.

No comments: