Saturday, April 5, 2008

Raincoats

I'm sure I have mentioned how much the little boys like the rain. Charlie is not a big fan either, but he tolerates it. I think it takes longer to get through his double layer coat. Petey and Boo, make no bones about it. They do not like going out in the rain. They will get all excited about going out, running to the back door...until I open it and they can see what is going on out there. At this pint they will turn tail and clear out. I have to hunt them down again and force them to go out. THEN, they will stay on the back steps and look forlornly at the door. Can you imagine the cruelty? They might find their way under the steps, if they really have to go. Usually not though. They will typically stare at the door, waiting for it to magically open.

So, (heavy sigh) I have made the little boys raincoats. They are sooo cute, well I think so anyway. I'm not so sure they think so. We'll have to work on this a little. I don't think they will understand right away. Yes dear, the coat will help keep you from getting wet. Yes dear, you can see with the hood up. we had a practice walk over to see Diane Next Door. That went well.


Then in our own back yard! Penny came out. (She's the little copper colored, long-hair wiener dog behind us). The race along the fence was on! Up and down, up and down. What great fun! Petey, however, lost his coat in the scramble. It was like Peter Rabbit trying to get away from Mr McGregor. I'll guess I'll need to make a few minor adjustments.

No comments: